Large format printing isn’t something you do every day, but when you need it, you want a vendor you can trust to get the job done – efficiently and economically. At Safeguard Premier Branding Solutions we have over 30 years experience in commercial printing – everything from business cards to large formats like posters and signs. We hope you will let us help you on your next project, but first, what is large format printing and do you need it in your business?
Large Format Printing
Large format printing is an advertising medium that has been around for a long time. As the name suggests, its main purpose is to support maximum print roll width. The beauty of this type of printing is it gives you the luxury of a bigger area to work with that is perfect for fine art, banners, posters, wallpapers, murals and more. Large format is perfect for materials that have visual or graphic-heavy designs. The wide images and texts make big format prints effective advertising tools. They create more impact and attract customers better than normal-sized materials.
Large format printing is also known as wide-format printing, instead of printing unto individual sheets, it prints on rolls that are fed incrementally. To help you understand better here are some wide format printing facts:
1. Printing process. The printing process is like that of digital printing, except that, it uses a larger scale of printers. You feed paper stocks to the printer where the ink is directly applied onto the material. Its printing phase is faster but the end result produces high quality colors for dynamic large-scale products.
2. Printers. Printers used are top quality machines that produce vibrant colors using CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Key color Black) color combinations.
3. Pigment (UV Ink). Wide format prints usually use water based UV Ink. UV inks are duller in color but they are fade-resistant and are perfect for outdoor use.
4. Products and uses
- Posters. Suitable as wall decor, POP or tradeshow displays, photo prints, and retail graphics. Posters can be printed and mounted on gator board or a semi/high gloss paper based stock.
- Vinyl Banners. Popular for outdoor use. Ideal for trade shows and exhibit displays.
- Canvas. Ideal for art reproductions. You may choose from rolled or wrapped canvas depending on your design preference and availability.
- Wall Graphics/Stickers. Great for decorating your walls, giving the space a whole new perspective. Wall graphics are usually printed on sticker papers, with large format options available. They are repositionable and fade resistant.
5. Growing popularity. Operating a business today means paying attention to costs and time, you need your printing done at the best price and you need it now! Large format printing caters to these needs. It is usually more affordable than other print methods like screen printing, easier to produce, and cheaper production costs, while producing the same quality materials.
For a list of products available in large format printing, contact your Safeguard Premier Branding Solutions Rep.